By Joseph DeAcetis Published: October 25, 2023
Unique Gift Ideas With Sustainable Impact:
The apparel industry has made great strides using more environmentally friendly manufacturing and shipping processes to develop, package, and ship their products. Nowadays, it is popular to find apparel and related industries made from plastic or re-purposed times.
Suppose you have friends and family who are interested in doing their part for the planet’s health. In that case, stylelujo.com has provided these thoughtful options for the environmentally and socially responsive recipient. But with all good things comes a price. Sustainable practices tend to be more expensive, but the gift will be longer-lasting, and that makes better use of the planet’s resources.
With abundant options and an array of gifts, our fashion editors have focused on finding the right skills that positively impact the environment.
With the holiday season swiftly approaching, gift-givers worldwide may be pondering what to get their family, significant other, or best friend. With limitless options and an array of gifts, most consumers nowadays are focused on the facility itself and its impact on the environment.
Our list includes items that have sustainable attributs sourced or made from recycled or repurposed materials.
Seishou is born from designers Masaharu Ikeda and Yuko Matsuzaki’s long experience in the footwear industry. Its name is a composite word comprising two ideograms, which together express the concept “to sing in unison”, reflecting the union between Japanese design (renowned for its focus on comfort, essentialism and functionality) and high-quality Italian manufacture. These are the values that identify Seishou: “Essential design made in Italy.”
The brand is directly involved in the creation of Seishou shoes. Designer Yuko, in particular, takes an active role in the process by maintaining constant dialogue with the artisans working in Seishou shoe factories.
“A perfect combination – comments Matsuzaki – My goal is to help reforest the region and support olive cultivation and oil production. I hope, in this way, to lend a hand to Puglia to fight a disease that for, more than a decade, has been endangering one of its first excellences, giving a hand to the local agricultural sector and its many companies”, the designer continues.
Therefore, the Japanese designer has decided to make a name for herself in the U.S. market with a model that is not only beautiful and distinctive, but also comfortable, original, and high quality, like all her shoes.
The authentic character is achieved through innovative and sustainable methods, including waterless enzyme and laser wash techniques, eliminating the use of harmful substances such as potassium permanganate, and reducing the reliance on pumice stones. The approach ensures that the denim retains its authentic look while prioritizing sustainability and minimizing harmfulness to the environment.
By considering the guidelines and certifications provided by Higg FEM & Oeko-Tex Standard 100, Crystal Denim aligns their production processes with sustainable practices to offer consumers impeccably crafted denim with a low ecological footprint.
#CrystalDenim, #SustainableDenim #DenimManufacturer, #EcoDenim #CIGL
The Revive ($80) was designed in collaboration with sports podiatrist Dr. Dan Geller to offer the best features to keep your feet comfortable and let your feet heal. Recovery slides require you to flex your foot with every step, whereas the Revive’s closed back captures your foot to reduce muscle strain. There were 5 key features that Dr. Geller incorporated to ensure that these shoes served its wearer in the best way possible:
- 10mm heel-to-toe drop that reduces strain on the achilles and assists natural stride
- A wide toe box to accommodate for post-run swelling
- 31mm of cushioning underfoot to absorb impact
- Raised nodes on the sole to stimulate feet
- Closed heel and contoured fit to reduce muscle use with each step
Best of all, the Revive is made with a renewable, sugarcane-based foam that sequesters carbon. The upper and sole consist of Kane’s RestoreFoam, which is made with over 75% sugarcane materials.
Champion Athleticwear, maker of the original hoodie, announces its newest innovative collection that fuses creativity and science: Eco Future Reverse Weave with CiCLO® technology.
- Over 60% of today’s textiles are made with plastic-based synthetic fibers like polyester and nylon, which remain indefinitely in the environment because they are not inherently biodegradable.
- By incorporating CiCLO® technology, the Eco Future Reverse Weave reduces plastic textile fibers in the environment by giving polyester an eventual expiration date.
- This new collection lets fans feel even better about their favorite hoodie knowing that they are reducing microplastic pollution caused by the shedding of synthetic textiles.
- The Eco Future Reverse Weave with CiCLO® includes crewnecks and joggers. The collection will be available in-store and on Champion.com beginning December 6.
Mulberry Small Check Lambswool Scarf in Acrylic Green $190
Lambswool scarves— This scarf is the perfect staple to throw on, as it is made with beautifully soft lambswool for when the days get chillier or the nights draw in that can also be personalized.
When you need a packable, windproof, and water-repellent down jacket you grab the Passamani. The high-fill power HyperDry down is RDS-Certified and doesn’t lose any of its thermal properties when it gets damp. This is a perfect down jacket for humid winter weather and travel.
- This item is essential for those aiming to achieve a good fall style because this jacket is a classic puffer that will never go out of style. The Passamani Down Jacket is a sustainable alternative to the traditional down jacket – featuring RDS-Certified down, you can wear this jacket in good-conscience.
Paka Crew ($149)
The super soft Crew from Paka Apparel is made of 65% Royal Alpaca Fiber and 35% Recycled Nylon. This Crew feels as soft as cashmere, is lighter than merino, and has natural moisture wicking and thermoregulation properties.
- This sweater is essential for those aiming to achieve a good fall style because it is an instant classic that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. In comparison to other pullover sweaters the Paka Crew is made with Traceable Alpaca Fiber and is transparent about sustainability
This item is essential because it comes in beige and green and that is a good match to any color. The design is also super simple and minimalist making it a good fit for any occasion. Last they are waterproof and super comfortable, and because of that you will never take them off.
Only 240g | 0.50lb
Durable Hemp fibers;
Waterproof (PFC Free)
World’s 1st Hemp Insoles;
Algae Bloom soles;
Better Natured’s vegan product formulas are 100% free from animal-based ingredients, such as milk or honey. The brand doesn’t use any ingredients derived from raw animal materials either – this includes crustacean shells (chitin), keratin, silk and beef tallow.
Better Natured holds itself to high standards when it comes to transparency, using the Global ISO Standard 16128, which defines naturally-derived as a plant or mineral derived material and water that is found in nature and has undergone limited processing.
Within the product line, the percent of naturally-derived varies for each product, ranging from 86% to 99%, but throughout time, Better Natured’s goal is to improve their formulations, getting each one as close to 100% naturally-derived as possible!
The new CFCL x ASICS collaboration, featuring an elevated everyday sneaker with the lowest Green House Gas emission among sneakers currently on the market. Fashion-forward and sustainable, this new collaboration is offered in three versatile color ways and now available on ASICS.
TAFT’s Spectator Shoe in Honey Price: $295
The Spectator Shoe in Honey is an essential item for those aiming to achieve a stylish look for the Holiday Gift Guide 2023 because it combines classic elegance with a unique and eye-catching design. Its two-toned honey and white calfskin, along with the removable kiltie detail, allows wearers to effortlessly transition from a traditional to a vintage-inspired style. Crafted with the utmost care and featuring a Blake-stitched construction, this shoe not only offers exceptional quality but also adds a touch of sophistication to any holiday outfit, making it a perfect gift choice for those who appreciate timeless fashion with a modern twist.
The Buck Polo, inspired by the iconic Lee “Buck” Trevino and featuring Filium® technology in its fabric, is an essential style choice for the Holiday Gift Guide 23. Its unique stretch cotton yarn dye stripe pique fabric not only provides exceptional comfort but also showcases groundbreaking Filium® 2.0 Activation, transforming ordinary fabrics into extraordinary ones. With its self-fabric button-down collar, timeless White Multi-stripe design, and thoughtful details like the “P-Swing” patch, The Buck Polo offers elevated style and pays homage to its golfing inspiration. What sets it apart further is its commitment to sustainability, as it is consciously crafted in small batch production runs with made-to-order fabrics to minimize waste. This combination of technology, design, and sustainability makes The Buck Polo a standout and meaningful addition to any holiday wardrobe, ideal for those seeking exceptional style in the Holiday Gift Guide 23.
Army Texture Denim Jacket – $154
The Ragged Kingdom Unity Highlighter Plaid Satchel – $175 — limited edition; the perfect bag for everyday, for carry-on or a weekend getaway.
Vagrant Story, a brand-new Los Angeles-based vegan fine fragrance brand redefines the art of scent luxury with its three premium scents, which debuted earlier this month.
- Youth: Exhibiting a musky citrus scent
- Top Notes: Bergamot NaturePrint®, Orange Peel, Freesia
- Middle Notes: Jasmine Sambac NaturePrint®, Orris Concrete, Suede Accord
- Base Notes: Upcycled Cedarwood, Biotech Amber, Sandalwood
- Romance: Evoking a sense of warmth and gourmand vanilla
- Top Notes: Twist of Lemon, Waterlily, Toasted Almond
- Middle Notes: Jasmine Petals, Frangipani, Vanilla Madagascar
- Base Notes: Golden Amber, Patchouli, Upcycled Musk
- Self-Talk: Inspiring a woody resinous aroma
- Top Notes: Pepper Sichuan, Violet Leaf, Nutmeg,
- Middle Notes: Cade Oil, Olibanum SFE, Cypress
- Base Notes: Sandalwood, Clearwood®, Cedarwood Virginia
- A Discovery Set of 2mL vials of all three scents will also be available for $35 and all 50mL full-size bottles will retail for $167 each, sold exclusively online at vagrantstory.com.
Save The Duck:
The capsule collection offers 3 adult puffers and 3 childrens puffers and an array of beanies to pair as well, ranging between $30 – $270, and is available now for purchase online at savetheduck.com and Bloomingdale’s website, in addition to Save The Duck’s retail locations and FAO Schwarz in New York.
The Save The Duck capsule collection includes unisex puffers for adults and kids as well as beanies with dynamic colors inspired by the film’s characters: rainy beige, green and grey mélange alongside vibrant red, blue and yellow tones. Each character is featured on a special badge, placed on the lower side of the jackets and on the front of the beanies. The outerwear fabrics, linings and padding are made of recycled material, confirming Save The Duck’s longstanding commitment to high social and environmental standards. “I immediately thought that this collaboration was a perfect match” says Nicolas Bargi, Save The Duck CEO & Founder. “It feels great to be part of this project and be able to share our brand philosophy represented through the film’s characters.” This is the beginning of your journey to new Winter horizons with Save The Duck and Illumination’s Migration!